Inspired By Stamping March Stampset Release "Butterflies"

01:00

Hi all, welcome to today's blog post. Today is all about butterflies. I find butterflies are one of my favourite stampsets to play with as it you can be as versatile as you want. For today's card I will be playing with this months New Release stampset "Butterflies". 

Starting with a very vanilla cardstock base I heat embossed the smallest butterfly of the set repetitively along each side with clear gloss embossing powder.  I have used 2 distress inks  to layer the brown tones on the card base with Antique Linen then Vintage Photo  starting off the  sponging with the outer edges working my way towards to the centre of the card. As for the borders the brown towns make the butterflies pop.

For the centre stamped image the Water Lily Flower has been coloured in with water colour crayons (which I had to dust off) to colour these images in


For the sentiment I have used a die cut that I have sponged the outer edges with Vintage Photo distress inks. You can see the difference in the tones with the distress inks where for the base I first layered with Vintage photo therefore softening the brown tones and for the sentiment the brown tone is quite strong which perfect to stand out and not blend into the card background.






Hope you enjoyed todays blog post <3 Happy Paper crafting.
Hug Jo

You Might Also Like

0 comments