Inspired By Stamping - Elegant Poppies Card

01:00

Hi All, 
Welcome to today's card creation.  
I made this card using a colour wash technique with a re-inker and a large flat brush.


Before any colour goes on I have heat embossed with white embossing powder on water colour cardstock with the Inspired By Stamping Poppies stampset.



For the colour wash I used a water colour cardstock base which I prepped first by brushing water over the card base.
The re-inker of choice is Midnight Muse which is a deep muted navy blue which I have dipped by brush in water then in the re-inker pool.


Using a smaller brush I have highlighted the flower to help highlight and bring in a deeper colour on the flower. 
I have added water droplets on the card and sapped them up with a napkin to make lighter water splotches all over the card to add detail.


 To finish of embellishing the card I have added linen thread around the card. I have chosen  linen thread to leave this card have a clean and elegant look without over embellishing it.

The stampset has some beautiful sentiments which I have also used for the card and stamped in Midnight muse ink on whisper white card stock.







You Might Also Like

0 comments