Inspired By Stamping - Flower of the month Pansy

01:30

Hi All, welcome to release week I am very excited to have played with with the new stampset Flower of the Month - Pansy.
Watercolouring has been my favourite technique to do with colouring flower images. 


I like trying the no line colouring technique where I stamp using a very light water soluble ink like Antique Linen Distress Ink for the colouring I have used Peerless Transparent waterolours. The colours used are Olive Green, Grass Green, Marigold Yellow, Cadmium Yellow, Cobolt Blue, Amethyst, Mauve & Neutral Tint. To brush the colours on I have used an aqua painter brush which holds water when squeezed water distributes through the brush. This type of brush allows me to have more control of  the water  distribution on the water colour card stock.

For the sentiment I have used the Heartfelt Gratitude stampset, this is one of my favourite go to Thank You stampset as you have 18 sentiments to choose from.  The ink used is Onyx Black ink for the sentiment as I love the crisp detail stamp image it leaves behind on all types of textured cardstock. 

Inspired By Stamping has loads of awesome sentiments in their store don't forget to drop on by and have a squizzy.

For the base card stock I have used a Naturals Confetti white along with Plum and Black card stock. I ran our of black linen thread so I used my black copic marker and coloured the twine myself. 

For an added extra element I have created a pennant / flag on the top right with black card stock.





I have entered this card in the following Blog Comp - 







You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Lovely floral creation !! I have also become your latest blog follower !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous colouring and a perfect stamp and sentiment
    Thanks for sharing and taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! so glad you've linked up at Uniko studio too.
    Many thanks
    Sarah
    Uniko DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful watercolour card, so pretty!
    Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Less is More
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the no line colouring, such a natural effect. Welcome to Uniko Studio and thanks SO much for joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and what great colouring!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete