Inspired By Stamping - Panel Masking

23:30

Hi paper crafting peeps , today's blog post is creating masked panels throughout a large stamped image. 

These cards can easily be one layer cards however for today's set I have steps them a little by mounting them on coloured cardstock to add some extra colour to the overalls cards. 

I have chosen Archers water-colour cardstock and inked up a variety of Inspired By Stamping Floral stamps and stamped with Antique Linen distress ink. This ink is light enough to use so when colouring with the watercolour pencils it blends the ink in enough which disappears while colouring. The MISTI tool allowed me to stamped the image a couple of times getting as clear of an image as I can especially since it is a very light ink. 


To mask off a panel of the cardstock I have used washi tape across in varied widths for each card. Colouring over the washi tape allowed the panel to be crisp and clean when peeled off the watercoloured cardstock. 


Inspired By Stamping have a variety of beautiful scripted font sentiments and accompanying phrases which I have stamped with Versa-fine Onyx Black Ink.


I have used simple embellishments for each card such as hemp linen thread and sequins.



I have mounted the watercoloured panels on crumb cake, black and olive green cardstock bases.


Supplies used –
·        Fabre-Castell water colour pencils
·        Hemp linen twine
·        Sequins
·        Archers Watercolour Cardstock
·        Green, Pink, Black Cardstock
·        Versafine Onyx Black Ink









You Might Also Like

0 comments